Monday, January 17, 2011

huh....wow-

four of my friends this week asked me for help getting organized and I find this so ironic because my new years resolution was to get more organized -- hence the huh...wow-  I guess organization is kind of like happiness - it comes in little snippets -- you can't be 100% organized 100% of the time - just like you can't be 100% happy 100% of the time -- the goal is to create some great moments - so in creating those great organized moments I guess I would have to start with what is working and what is not- everyone has their own bar - their own comfort zone -- make a list of what is bothering you- doesn't matter how you make the list or if you see any connection in the entries - just list the things that arent working -- when you come home, are you frustrated with where to put things , is there a pile by the front door? this might be a good place to start-- the key is to make sure you have sufficient room to do what you need to do-- is there enuf room to put your keys? your bag? papers? boots? -- you are going to have those things everyday, make sure you have a place to put them-TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE A SPACE FOR YOUR STUFF -- organization is like losing weight-- everyone knows how it works (eat less exercise more) its just about finding something that works for you and is not so far from your normal pattern of life that you can't stick to it-- and just like the weight thing (and the happiness thing) its not going to be 100% perfect 100% of the time- we are going for about 75/25--I think I'm going to blog about this -- organizing your life -- that will keep me inspired- which after all is all you need ,  something to be enthusiastic about :)  so today make your list --WHAT IS BUGGING YOU ? and than we will have starting point-yup yup

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog! Taking your advise I discplined myself to get my butt out of bed this morning so my morning would run smoother. Not exactly organizing "something' but organizing my time!

    ReplyDelete